Thursday, June 17, 2010

Easy Banana Muffins

Lately I find myself buying bananas at the store, knowing that they will be turning black in a few days. I have the best intentions to eat them and feed them to my children, but I always forget that they're sitting there! I googled banana muffin recipes the other week so I could get rid of them and came across this recipe on Catcancook. It is SO easy--simple ingredients--and SO tasty. They come out very moist and flavorful.

3 or 4 mashed bananas (I used 5 and they tasted great!)
1/2 C white sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 C melted margarine or butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C flour

*Mix the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and butter together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together. Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes . Enjoy!

*You can also add chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans or whatever to this recipe.

2 comments:

Happy Four said...

I love Banana recipes and will give this one a go this week. Thank you for posting it Donna :)

Unknown said...

These are soooo good! AP wanted the ones you sent home the minute she woke up this morning. I need to make them ASAP cuz Daddy liked too!