Saturday, November 1, 2008

Southern Baked Beans

This is a Paula Deen recipe that I made to take to dinner at Donna's tonight. All I know is it smells DELISH cooking up....like a country kitchen, I tell ya. I haven't tasted it yet so we'll see how it goes over...

Ingredients:
1/2 lb bacon
1 large onion
1 16-ounce can pork and beans
3 tablespoon yellow mustard
5 tablespoon maple syrup
4 tablespoon ketchup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a skillet, fry bacon until crispy and crumble. In the same pan using the bacon drippings, saute the onion until brown. Mix bacon, onion, and drippings with the remaining ingredients. Pour into a baking dish and bake covered for 45 to 60 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 60 minutes Ease of preparation: easy

1 comment:

Donna said...

I will give the taste test: It was very good! I will make this for our next cookout for sure!