Saturday, October 11, 2008

Spiced Applesauce

I made this tonight and it was a hit at my house, not just for my 16 month old, Sarah, but my husband, Mitchell loved it. Easy, good and fallish. This came from the latest P Deen Mag.

4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
4 medium Fuji apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 c water
1/3 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 c sugar
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tblsp orange juice
1 cinnamon stick

In a medium saucepan, combine apples, water, sugars, lemon juice, oj, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until apples are tender. Remove cinnamon stick. Using a potato masher, gently mash apples to desired consistency. cover, and chill or serve warm.

I served this warm and it was yummy. It would be great on a cold day too.

1 comment:

Donna said...

YUM! Suzanne! That sounds delicious. I will be making this sometime soon for sure!