Monday, September 22, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Chili

This chili is so yummy. The blend of the tomato sauce, hot sauce and the sour cream is a sure pallet pleaser! I make this in the Fall and Winter. We all love it and fight over the left overs.

I made this for din din tonight to welcome in the first day of Fall! And, wouldn't you know, we had a big thunderstorm come in and darken the skies and bring the temperature down to 79 degrees! This picture does not do this yummy chili justice.

Ingredients: (use more or less of these, depending on your taste)
3 or 4 uncooked boneless chicken breasts cut up in bite size pieces
olive oil
3 or 4 sliced carrots
2 ribs of celery sliced (sliced down the middle and then sliced into pieces)
1 (one) 4 oz. can of green chile's OR you can use fresh chili peppers
2-3 cups water
1 large chicken bullion cube
29 oz can of tomato sauce
Hot Sauce--add to personal taste (i.e. Frank's Hot Sauce)

Topping: sour cream, shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese or crumbled Blue Cheese


Place 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and the chicken in a big pot. Brown the chicken up nicely. Then add the water and bullion cube. Stir until the cube dissolves. Add tomato sauce, carrots, celery, and chile's. Bring to boil and then allow to simmer about 20 to 30 minutes to get carrots and celery tender. You can add hot sauce to the pot of chili OR just place jar of hot sauce on the table and let everyone put as much in as they like. This is what I do because I don't want to make the chili too hot for the children.

Garnish the soup with sour cream and cheese. (In the picture you see Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese because I already had some freshly shredded from last night's meal.)

Also, corn bread or Hint of Lime Tortilla chips go great with this chili.


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

YUMMY! I love hot/spicy soup..I'm adding this to my list of things to make soon!

Happy Four said...

Sounds and looks yummy! What a treat that you had a nice night the first official day of fall.

I will be making this one!

Donna said...

I love this recipe. I love to put bleu cheese crumbles on top of it. It's delicious made with cornbread. Thanks for the reminder to make this soon!!!

Unknown said...

I can attest. I too LOOOOOVE this recipe and my Daddy and Max REALLLLLLY love it! You can never have enough Texas Pete! I can't wait to make it again.

Dolly said...

I LOVE this recipe. I made it several times last winter and Leland loves it. The spicer the better too! I'll be making this again for sure.