Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Peach Cobbler


I love cobblers! Especially in the summer time and when they're homemade. This easy recipe is from Paula Deen, and I get many compliments each time I make it. I tweak it a little by using Splenda in the syrup base and then doing 50/50 sugar/splenda in the cobbler. Serve it with vanilla bean ice cream or some freshly made whipped cream.


Peach Cobbler

2 Cups sliced peaches (peeled)
1 C water
1 C sugar

*Combine peaches, water and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often making sure sugar is completely dissoved. (You can also use any kind of fruit if you want to substitute for the peaches).

8 T. butter (1 stick)
1 C sugar
3/4 C self-rising flour (must be self-rising. If you use regular, add a little baking powder to it).
3/4 C milk

*Preheat oven to 350. Put butter in deep baking dish and place in oven to melt. Mix sugar and flour; add milk slowly to prevent lumping. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon peaches on to, gently pouring in syrup. Still do not stif. Batter will rise during baking. Bake for 30-45 minutes.

2 comments:

Dolly said...

I love cobblers too! This looks delish! I'll have to try it. I made a Paula Deen dish last night that I'm goign to post today. It was a yummy one. Stay tuned!

Toni R. said...

Ok. So I made this today and this is just my two cents, but if I had to make it again, I would only use half a cup of sugar for the peach/water/sugar mixture and only 3/4 cup of sugar for the flour/sugar mixture. It was just really, really sweet. It was delicious, just really sweet!