Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Southwest Chicken

I made this for the first time last night and it was a huge hit! This is one of my prettier, more colorful meals, but I forgot to take a picture. Perhaps it was the sweet little 2-year-old hanging on my leg at the time! :)

WW Points 4.5


Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
ground cumin to taste


Instructions:

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken breasts on both sides. Add tomatoes with green chile peppers, beans and corn. Reduce heat and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Add a dash of cumin and serve.

(serve over rice if desired)

I also added a little Texas Pete to "kick it up a notch"...yummy!

Yield: 4 servings

No comments: