Thursday, March 5, 2009

BTS Cake


OK...this is called better than ___ cake (or BTS for short) and I'll let you fill in the blank. I don't know if it's REALLY better than intercourse (there's your hint) but it's pretty darn good.

1 chocolate cake mix
12 oz. chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped pecans (you could probably use a little more if you like nuts. I wished I had cuz it was kinda skimpy on them).
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. water
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding (I used one box of Devil's Food Cake mix instead of chocolate cake mix and pudding. Serves the same purpose.)

In bowl combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, pecans and chocolate chips. Stir to coat; set aside.
Combine remaining cake mix, eggs, oil, water, sour cream, vanilla and pudding. Mix well with mixer. Fold in chips and nuts. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.

Bake 350 degrees for 55 minutes until done. Cool 25 minutes and remove from pan.

BTS FROSTING:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1/4 c. sifted powdered sugar

Melt butter, add brown sugar. Cook until it bubbles. Add milk and cook until smooth. Remove from heat and add sifted powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.

4 comments:

Donna said...

MMM, MMM, GOOD! This was DELICIOUS Cake. The topping is what makes it great. I don't think cake and sex can be described in the same catergory, but it was very yummy:)

Nancy said...

HPS - you should have included a picture!!

Unknown said...

OK...so, I didn't have a bund-T (Big Fat Greek Wedding) in my corporate housing dish supply so I used a casserole dish and all the special sauce ran to the side but you get the picture. Compliments to Fancy for the snapshot. :)

Kristi Smalley said...

I am laughing HPS. You used the "I" word!!!!