Monday, February 16, 2009

Hamburger Pie Casserole

Ladies, I understand if the sound of this recipe doesn't immediately rank on the top of your list for pallet pleasing dishes that you would like to try. However, if you have a "meat 'n tatahs" man in your house, this dish will be one sure way to his heart. My husband grew up on this dish and I'll admit it's grown on me. It's a perfect testosterone combination of meat, tatahs AND greens. It's pretty kid friendly as well. The best part of all is it's SOOOOOOOOOO easy peasy.

HAMBURGER PIE CASSEROLE (Minnesota lingo for this recipe is "hamburger hot dish")
-1 or 2 lbs. ground beef (I use ground turkey)
-1 can green beans (french style is best)
-1 can tomato sauce (I used tomato soup)
-2 c. instant mashed potatoes
-2- c. shredded cheese

Brown and drain ground beef. Layer in large casserole. Drain can of green beans and put on hamburger. Add layer of tomato sauce. Then layer of mashed potatoes. Top with layer of shredded cheese. Feel free to sprinkle a little paprika across the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments: