Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Banana Bread


I recently bought banana's at the grocery store but waited too long to eat them and they turned ripe. This recipe is great if you run into the same problem and takes no time at all.

1 C Sugar
1/2 C oil
3 ripe bananas
2 Eggs
2 C Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 T milk
Chopped Pecans (optional)


* Beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and bananas. Beat.
* In separate bowl, add sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
* Add flour mixture to wet mixture
* Add vanilla and milk. Beat.
* Pour into bread pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Tip: This bread is delish served with cream cheese on top!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Is this Dayna's recipe? If so, I will heartily agree that it is YUMMY! Looks, good Dolly!

Dolly said...

Yes, it is Dayna's recipe and Dayna is the QUEEN of Banana Bread. Her's is always so good. I think the riper the banana's the better so ladies, let them get good and dark.

Sue U said...

Donna or Dayna --- whoever this recipe is ---I tried it last night and the bread was SO YUMMY!!!
I had been looking for an easy, quick Banana bread recipe --- and even my kids who haven't been wowed with BB LOVED it! LOVE the recipes here....I promise I'll add one or two soon --- I have some good ones from all the churches we've been in.

Happy Four said...

We just moved to the area and Donna made me a loaf. My youngest is three and kept asking for another brownie...that is how yummy it is! I am going to make this and pray it comes out as yummy as the one Donna made me..it was divine!

Donna said...

I made this yesterday and I didn't have all the ingredients so I made it with healthy ingredients and it was delish!!! I used olive oil, whole wheat flour, and half splenda/half brown sugar. I also added a half cup of light sour cream to add moisture. It was SCRUMPTIOUS!!!